Tuesday, July 5, 2011

June Haul

When I was little I was a big picture taker - loved being behind the camera and in front of it. My family always talks about one time where I was throwing a huge temper tantrum(shocking, I know) and when my mom brought out a camera I promptly stopped, smiled and posed and after she took the picture I went right back to the temper tantrum(again - shocking, I know). I think it's because my mom took so. many. pictures. when I was little that I just got used to what I was supposed to do when it came out.

Anyway, as I've gotten older I've begun to appreciate the fact that pictures help document your life. I know that years from now I'll treasure the pictures I've taken and look back on the memories I've made just as I enjoy going to my momma's house and looking at her pictures.

Now, since I'm blogging again and using this as a sort of journal, I thought I'd do a little picture haul every month to keep up with what I've been up to.

I'm a little late on June, but better late than never!

June was such a busy month!


Wendi's birthday is in June and for her present I got her tickets to the Michael Buble concert. It was kind of like a present for me, too! Ha!

Wendi and I - she hates this picture but it's the only one I have of us from that night and I think it's cute!

I know y'all think he's singing to the crowd but really it's just to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tried to go to the pool every day off that I had even if it was just for a little while. Swimming is one of my very favorite things to do and a day at the pool relaxes me more than almost anything!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


For Valentine's Day this year my momma got me and Samantha tickets to Beauty and the Beast at the Orpheum in downtown Memphis! I've seen it so many times, but it's in my top 5 favorites and I was so thrilled to see it again! This is at a restaurant downtown on the trolley line called Majestic Grille and it's about 1 minute from the theatre.



My momma and I at the show.

This is during the number "Be Our Guest" which is absolutely amazing to watch! I'm fairly certain you're not supposed to take photos during the performance, but I didn't use a flash so we're all good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is what the sun looked like on June 27th - a coworker of mine's fiance texted him and told us to go look and this is what we found. We looked it up and apparently it's common and it has something to do with ice crystals popping in the air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment