Sunday, July 17, 2011

Someday We'll Know


I've been full blown obsessed with this song recently.
Seriously - like it's on automatic repeat on my iTunes.

Maybe it's because I've been in the mood to watch A Walk To Remember(which Wendi & I did tonight and then we had one big cry fest. good times, i swear) but I think maybe it's because I feel like I have so many unanswered questions about things.

I'm not a person who likes to have unanswered questions. When I want to know something I'm obsessive about finding the answer. Me + Google = BFFs. I'm not even lying. The things I have googled range from "where should we eat for dinner?" to "how do flies give birth?"

I wish I was making that up right now.

The point is, I want to know something and I find it out.

The problem with this? There are some things Google does not have the answer to. And, in fact, it's the things that bug me the most.

~ Will I get married?

~ Will a certain important individual in my life ever be happy again?

~ Why do I never learn my lesson the first time?

~ Will I ever learn to fully recover from the Central North situation?

~ Does Ryan Seacrest ever sleep?

I kid about that last one, but seriously? Does he?

The point is that I have a hard time not knowing things. I will never fully be able to handle not knowing certain things, but I will tell you what I do know:

I know that God is in control and I know that by trusting Him things will work out for good.
(Romans 8:28 y'all)

I also know that no matter what the outcome of any situation above, whether it be what I want to happen or what I want to happen least it was His plan and in the end, that's all I need to know.

When I was little, and I was just as nosy and information seeking back then as I am now, my mom would always use the phrase "You're on a need-to-know basis" and it would just drive me insane.

Well, now that I'm older I look at it like God is telling me that.
He's telling me that I know what I need to know and I need to trust Him for the rest of it. Because honestly? If there were things in my life that I had learned the outcome of it long before I went through the process to get to it, I would have just messed myself up totally. And it's the sweetest things in my life I'm talking about here.

And so, while I'm still working on being content without all the information, I'm also praising God that I've been kept in the dark. Because it's after the darkness that comes the light.

And what beautiful light it is.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I so needed to read this. I struggle with this the MOST! You know some of the crazy things in our life and how I hate not being in control! I question everything and really need to be content in the darkness. Thank you sweet lady! I heart you! Ps-answer to last question is NO, he doesn't. :)

    ReplyDelete