Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Growing Down {vol 1}

Per this post we know I've gotten a trainer and am on a quest to slim down.
In the 1.5 short months that I've been doing this, I've learned so much and something tells me that my learning has just begun. 
I've lost in some ways, but I've grown - and will continue to grow - in others.


So, these weekly posts - mostly for my memory - are going to be called "Growing Down."

Weight Loss This Week: 1.5 poundsThis number is not as high as the previous 2 weeks [they were 4 and 4.4 pounds, respectively], but I refuse to beat myself up.  I lost.  There was a loss.  During the holiday season.  This season is like the Superbowl of the unhealthy food world and I am usually the star quarterback and I still lost weight.  And, as my mom says, "just maintaining during the holiday season is a victory."  And she's right, but I'd much prefer a loss.  So, 1.5 pounds?  I'll take it.

Weight Loss Total: 16.2 poundsWe're almost to 20!  I'm so close I can taste it!  And it tastes like healthy food.

What I Learned This Week: Bananas are not my enemyI'd been avoiding bananas altogether because I was afraid they contained too much sugar.  However, at the advice of my trainer I've begun eating them again prior to workouts. 

Health Food Obsession: Back Yard Burger's Wild Turkey Burgers w/Pepperjack cheese - plain
Holy Mother of God. 
I don't know why I didn't jump on this bandwagon sooner!  I am in love with these things!  And you can get them on a wheat bun!


No comments:

Post a Comment